Terms & Conditions:
dobox website, your Entertainment box’ owned, operated and proprietary to do Media Ltd (herein referred to as “DML”).
The services we provide on our website are subject to the terms and conditions as set out in this website. Please read these terms and conditions thoroughly before accessing the Website and if you do not wish to be bound by the Terms, you should not use the dobox website.
In using the terms "we", "us", "our" ‘’The Company" we refer to do Media Ltd (DML), and/or our subsidiaries. The term "you", ‘’your’’ or ‘’yours’’ refers to the customer and/or visitor to the Website. The Site reserves the right, to change, modify, add, or remove portions of these Terms and Conditions of use at any time. Changes will be effective when posted on the Site with no other notice provided.
DEFINITION OF TERMS:
- We; us; Our; DML, all refer to Do Media Limited, a company registered under the laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
- “The site, the website or this site” applies to the site (www.dobox.tv), its staff, administration, owners, agents, representatives, suppliers and partners.
- ‘‘You’’; ‘’User’’; ‘’users’’; ‘’Your’’; ‘’Customer’’ applies the visitor to this site who is entering into this agreement.
- dobox (www.dobox.tv): is an online entertainment-on-demand (EOD) portal that allows users of the portal to Stream, Rent or Buy movies; Record, Upload and share their profiles; download or stream movie trailers with ease; watch live news as it breaks in real time; and the best of non-stop music videos at your finger tips to stream or download. Share links of movies with other users of the Website and also allows you (‘’users’’) integrate your activities with services offered by third party social networking services, including Face book and Twitter,
- dobox Wallet: is an electronic payment platform that enables customers to pay for transactions (Contents) safely and securely on the dobox website.
- Magicbox: is about Movies, Series, documentaries, Tv series, Shorts films, Comedy films, drama’s and soap operas for the movie enthusiasts
- Trailerbox: is about African trailers and teasers.
- Eyebox: is a platform that allows users the opportunity to record various contents and share it with the world at the click of a button.
- Musicbox: is a Music and lifestyle platform for the young at heart and lovers of good music infused with lifestyle.
- Livebox: connects you with real time live streaming of concerts, fashions shows sports, news as they unfold.
- The service includes all aspects of dobox, including but not limited to all products, software and services offered via the dobox website, such as ‘’Magicbox’’, ‘’Trailerbox’’, ‘’Musicbox’’, ‘’Eyebox’’; ‘’Livebox’’ ‘’Nollybox’’; ‘’Tunebox’’ and other applications on the dobox website.
PERMISSIONS AND RESTRICTIONS:
- You are either at least 18 (Eighteen) years of age or are accessing the Site under the supervision of a parent or legal guardian.
We hereby grant individual Users of the dobox website the non-exclusive permission to view the Contents on the Website solely for personal and non-commercial use and such permission is revocable by DML at any time without notice. Hence, you are not granted any commercial, sale, resale, reproduction and promotional use or distribution rights for the Contents on the Website.
- You are prohibited from reproducing, copying, uploading, exporting, transferring, selling, forwarding or transmitting any part of the service other than the license granted and further not to reproduce any information of the Website on any other service owned and operated by DML. Hence, Users may only access and view the Contents personally and for a non-commercial purpose in compliance with these Terms and conditions. You may not either directly or through the use of any device, software, Internet site, web-based service, or other means remove, alter, bypass, avoid, interfere with, or circumvent any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary notices marked on the Contents.
- You may not either directly or through the use of any device, software, internet site, web-based service, or other means copy, download, stream capture, reproduce, duplicate, archive, distribute, upload, publish, modify, translate, broadcast, perform, display, sell, transmit or retransmit the Contents unless expressly permitted by DML in writing.
- You may not incorporate the Contents of this website or service into, or stream or retransmit the Contents via, any hardware or software application or make it available via frames or in-line links unless expressly permitted by DML in writing. Furthermore, you may not create, recreate, distribute or advertise an index of any significant portion of the Contents unless authorized by DML. Users may not build a business utilizing the Contents, whether or not for profit. The Contents covered by these restrictions includes without limitation to any text, graphics, layout, interface, logos, photographs, audio and video materials, and stills. In addition, Users are strictly prohibited from creating derivative works or materials that otherwise are derived from or based on in any way the Contents, including montages, mash-ups and similar.
- You agree not to arrange for any other website to be connected to the Website by way of hyperlink or otherwise without the prior written consent of DML.
The Website may contain links to and content from other Internet sites and resources. DML cannot control such content, and you agree that DML is not responsible for any errors or omissions in relation to the contents on those sites, which contravenes the User(s) rights or violates any applicable law for the time being in force.
- DML and its agents or representatives do not endorse or in any respect warrant any third party products or services by virtue of any information or content referred to, or included on, or linked from or to the Website.
Content provided on this site is solely for informational purposes. Product representations expressed on this Site are those of the vendor and are not made by us. Submissions or opinions expressed on this Site are those of the individual posting such content and may not reflect our opinions.
YOUR DOBOX WALLET:
- In other to access the Services provided on this Website, you may be required to register or subscribe to a dobox account.
- By creating the account (‘‘dobox Wallet’’), you indicate your legal capacity to enter into a contract in the jurisdiction where you reside. However, person(s) under the age of 18(Eighteen) years are not eligible to create a dobox Wallet on the website unless supervised by an adult. If any information provided by you in whole or part is discovered by DML in its sole discretion to be untrue, inaccurate, not current, incomplete, misleading or designed to deceive and if DML has reasonable grounds to believe that such is the case, DML reserves the right to immediately suspend or terminate your dobox Wallet, either with or without notice to you, and refuse to grant any and all current or future access and use of the Services as well as benefit which may have accrued to you via your access and use of the Website.
- You will be solely responsible for activities that occur on your dobox Wallet. Hence, you must keep your Wallet password secure. You must inform dobox customer care (Wallet services) unit immediately of any breach of security or unauthorized use of your Wallet.
- You may be liable for any and all losses of DML due to the unauthorized use of your Wallet and DML will not be liable for your losses caused by any unauthorized use of your dobox wallet. Furthermore you must notify us of any unauthorised use of your dobox wallet.
- The Site shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, in any way for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of, or in connection with, your failure to comply with this section.
- During the registration process you agree to receive promotional emails from the Site. You can subsequently opt out of receiving such promotional e-mails by clicking on the link at the bottom of any promotional email.
CHARGES AND REFUND:
By creating a dobox Wallet, you are expressly agreeing that DML are authorized to charge your dobox wallet a purchase fee and any other fees for other additional services you may purchase when you use any of dobox services including any applicable taxes. Funding methods (dobox wallet) accepted by dobox include Visa, MasterCard, Verve, Quickteller, instant pay, Paypal.
Once you commence a transaction on any of the dobox platforms, you can cancel or withdraw from the transaction without incurring any charge and without giving any reason provided you have not confirmed the transaction. Once you confirm the transaction, you will no longer be able to cancel or withdraw from the transaction. The download or streaming service will commence the moment you click to accept your purchase on any of the selected services
DML reserves the right to change prices for products offered via the ‘’box’’ at any time, and the box does not provide price protection or refunds in the event of a price reduction or promotional offering subsequent to purchase.
If a product fails to download after you have made payment and accepted to proceed with the transaction, your sole remedy will be limited to a refund of your purchase amount via credit to your dobox wallet. If the failure to view or download is due to problems outside our control, your sole remedy will be limited to a refund via credit into your dobox wallet.
dobox Gift Card TM and dobox Wallet:
The dobox Gift Card TM is a trademark of do media limited (DML) and the said dobox Gift Card TM shall be used strictly for crediting of the user's dobox Wallet.
Unused balances in your dobox wallet are not redeemable for cash and cannot be returned or processed for a cash refund, without prejudice to any applicable statutory right to a refund in case of unused balances, unused balances are not transferable.
General Usage - Information and Comments:
The views and opinions that may be expressed on this website by its users, viewers and contributors do not reflect the opinion of DML. The Website facilitates communication that encourages the exchange of information and opinion. You acknowledge and agree that DML does not and shall not have any obligation to review the discussion boards, and therefore we do not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of the discussion boards and we cannot assure that sexual, harmful, inaccurate, deceptive, offensive, threatening, defamatory, unlawful or otherwise objectionable content will not appear on the Website. However, you acknowledge and agree that DML have the right to monitor and to alter, edit, refuse to post or remove any comment that you post to the Website, in whole or in part, for any reason or for no reason, in our sole discretion, and you agree that DML do not have any obligation to use or respond to any comment in relation to information provided by you on dobox Website.
You further agree:-
- By posting comments on the Website, you warrant and represent that (i) you own the proprietary rights to such information, and (ii) the information does and will not infringe any party's intellectual property, publicity, privacy, or other rights and that such information is and will not be defamatory or libellous;
- You must not use the discussion boards to display any material which is:
- in contravention of any relevant local, national or international law or which incites or encourages the contravention of any such law;
- harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, vulgar, obscene, libellous, or otherwise objectionable that may invade another's right of privacy or publicity;
- racist, sexist or homophobic;
- pornographic or profane;
- Defamatory to any person(s), entity or organisation(s) or otherwise offensive in the opinion of DML.
If you breach any of the terms herein, we reserve the right to block your access to the service Furthermore, the unauthorized use of this Website may give rise to a claim in damages or may be a criminal offense.
DML reserves the right to edit or delete any messages left on the discussion boards, including without limitation any message that contravenes these Terms.
EYEBOX THIRD PARTY CONTENT:
Eyebox is a service on this site which has features that allow users to upload and broadcast their profile and other content to the public, share links of movies with other users of the Website and integrate your activities with services offered by third party social networking services, including Face book and Twitter. However, you agree that DML is not responsible for your content, once shared with any of these social networks. The usage of this feature requires that you must respect other users of the service in your interactions with them. DML reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to disable your account if we believe that you are violating these terms of usage.
You hereby agree to grant DML a non-exclusive worldwide royalty-free perpetual non-revocable license to use, distribute, adapt, modify, display, reproduce and transmit any information submitted to the Eyebox directly or indirectly in any and all media in any manner in whole or in part without any duty to account to you. You further grant DML the right to allow other users of the Website permissions to view such information for personal and non-commercial use. You agree that you shall immediately notify DML of any objectionable posts or other content appearing on the Website.
You further agree that Content you submit to Eyebox or the Service will not contain third party copyrighted material, or material that is subject to other third party proprietary rights, unless you have permission from the rightful owner of the material or you are otherwise legally entitled to post the material and to grant dobox all of the license rights granted herein.
dobox does not endorse any Content submitted to the Service by any user or other licensor, or any opinion, recommendation, or advice expressed therein, and we expressly disclaim any and all liability in connection with Content. dobox does not permit copyright infringing activities and infringement of intellectual property rights on the Service, and we will remove all Content if properly notified that such Content infringes on another's intellectual property rights. dobox reserves the right to remove Content without prior notice.
If you believe that your work has been used or copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement and such infringement is occurring on or through this Website or Services, you may contact our copyright agent by Email at copyright email@example.com (Please note that this contact address is only for copyright infringement claims; you will not receive a reply if the matter is not a copyright issue.).
Suspension / Discontinuation:
We may change, suspend, or discontinue - temporarily or permanently - some or all of dobox Services (including the Content and the platforms through which the dobox Services are accessed), with respect to any or all users, at any time without notice. You acknowledge that we may do so in our sole discretion. You also agree that DML will not be liable to you for any modification, suspension, or discontinuance of any and all of the dobox Services although if you operate a dobox wallet and DML suspends or discontinues the Service, DML may, in its sole discretion, refund any unused balance by way of credit to your Bank account where you have provided us with your details, discount or other form of consideration equivalent to the amount in your dobox Wallet or account. However, if we terminate or suspend our services to you your account due to your violation of these Terms, then you will not be eligible for any such credit, refund, discount or other consideration.
Infringement of Copyright:
All content included on the dobox website, such as text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio clips, digital downloads, data compilations, and software, is the property of DML, its affiliates or its content suppliers and is protected by Nigerian and international copyright, authors' rights and database right laws. The compilation of all the content on this website is the exclusive property of DML and its affiliates and is protected by Nigerian and international copyright and database right laws. All software used on this website is the property of DML, our affiliates or our software suppliers and is protected by Nigerian and international copyright and author' rights laws.
The dobox, Tunebox, Magicbox, Tailerbox, Eyebox, Musicbox, Livebox, Nollybox, Radiobox, dobox Gift Card and dobox Wallet including the website www.dobox.tv - graphics, logos, page headers, button icons, scripts and service names are the trademarks and service names of Do Media Ltd (DML). DML's trademarks and service names may not be used in connection with any product or service that is not DML’s, in any manner that is likely to cause confusion among customers, or in any manner that disparages or discredits www.dobox.tv or DML. All other trademarks not owned by DML that appear on this website are the property of their respective owners,
You agree that your use of the services provided on this website shall be at your sole risk. To the fullest extent permitted by law, we, our officers, directors, employees and agents disclaim all warranties, express or implied, in connection with the services and your use thereof. DML makes no warranties or representations about the accuracy or completeness of this site’s content or the content of any sites linked to this site and assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors, mistakes, or inaccuracies of content, personal injury or property damage, of any nature whatsoever, resulting from your access to and use of our services, or any unauthorized access to or use of our secure servers and/or any and all personal information and/or financial information stored therein,any interruption or cessation of transmission to or from our services,
Any bugs, viruses, Trojan horses, or the like which may be transmitted to or through our services by any third party, and/ any errors or omissions in any content or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any content posted, emailed, transmitted, or otherwise made available via the services.
DML does not warrant, endorse, guarantee, or assume responsibility for any product or service advertised or offered by a third party through the services or any hyperlinked services or featured in any banner or other advertising, and DML will not be a party to or in any way be responsible for monitoring any transaction between you and third-party providers of products or services.
As with the purchase of a product or service through any medium or in any environment, you should use your best judgment and exercise caution where appropriate.
Limitation and Exclusion of Liability:
In no event shall do media limited, its officers, directors, employees, or agents, be liable to you for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, punitive, or consequential damages whatsoever resulting from any:
- Errors, mistakes, or inaccuracies of content,
- Personal injury or property damage, of any nature whatsoever, resulting from your access to and use of our services,
- Any unauthorized access to or use of our secure servers and/or any and all personal information and/or financial information stored therein,
- Any interruption or cessation of transmission to or from our services,
- Any bugs, viruses, trojan horses, or the like, which may be transmitted to or through our services by any third party, and/or (v) any errors or omissions in any content or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of your use of any content posted, emailed, transmitted, or otherwise made available via the services, whether based on warranty, contract, tort, or any other legal theory, and whether or not the company is advised of the possibility of such damages. the foregoing limitation of liability shall apply to the fullest extent permitted by law in the applicable jurisdiction.
You specifically acknowledge that DML, its staffs, agents and representatives shall not be liable for content or the defamatory, offensive, or illegal conduct of any third party and that the risk of harm or damage from the foregoing rests entirely with you.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless DML, their successors, affiliates, each of their subsidiaries, officers, directors, employees, advertising and promotion agencies, representatives or agents (collectively the "Indemnified Parties") from and against any and all losses, liabilities, claims, obligations, damages, expenses or costs (including but not limited to attorney's fees) incurred by or made against any Indemnified Party arising from:(i) use of and access to the Service, (ii) violation of any of the Terms, policy or guidelines referred to herein (iii) violation of any third party right, including without limitation any Copyright, Property or Privacy right; or (iv) any claim that our Content caused damage to a third party. This defence and indemnification obligation will survive the Terms and use of the Services.
Buy or Rent Content License:
Upon payment of the License Fee to rent or buy a movie, Do media will grant you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited right and license to view and use while connected to the service over the Internet, provided that you comply fully with these Download/Streaming Terms and Conditions.
Do media will save the Rental Content to your Account. Accounts can be accessed using the Do media application. You shall not be permitted to copy or move the Rental Content from its stored location. The initial license to the Rental Content is limited in its term and duration to 1 day from the date and time of payment download or stream and 24 hours from the start of its initial display and viewing, whichever occurs first. You understand and agree that you will not be able to access and view such Rental Content upon expiration of the license term and that the Do media Software will automatically delete expired Rental Content from your account without further notice to you.
In the case of License to buy, the Content will remain in your account and the said digital copy of the content is owned by the buyer.You shall not be permitted to copy or move the purchased Content from its stored location in your device.
If you have any questions concerning the use of dobox Website or this Agreement, please contact dobox customer service by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
The Terms and Conditions of this Website are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and the Courts of competent jurisdiction in Nigeria shall have exclusive powers to determine any dispute in connection with such terms or use of the Website.
CHANGES TO TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE:
DML without recourse to you reserves the right to change these Terms at any time without notice and any such changes will be displayed on this page of the Website. DML further contends that it reserves the right to discontinue, modify, suspend or cancel any part of the Website and the Services offered therein at any time without notice and you agree to be bound by such modifications.
We highly value your privacy and make this policy easily available throughout our site to assist you in understanding the handling of information in the course of using this site.
The Information we collect about you and how we use it:
- Information about you.
- When you register for any dobox services, we will ask you to provide your name, email address and password, your age and possibly certain other personal details such as gender or where you heard about us. (your Personal identifiable Information) - this helps us recognize you when you return so that we can provide you with a faster service.
We may automatically collect certain aggregated data regarding use on dobox website, like the number of users and frequency and manner of usage on dobox website. Aggregated information is anonymous, statistical information that reflects the scope of our user base, sales, customer patterns and related site information. We use this information to better understand how dobox Service is used, and to improve the online experience of all users. This information gathered is not used in a way that will personally identify you. In addition, certain non-personally identifiable information may be collected by dobox and our third-party advertising providers during the course of use of our Service and for example, in serving advertisements to our website, including, for example, the number of times you have viewed an advertisement (but not your name, address, or other personal information). Such information is used by dobox and our advertising providers to facilitate and monitor the serving of advertisements.
If you prefer not to receive information about additional products and services that we think you may be interested in, you can choose not to receive this information by opting-out when given the opportunity at the point we ask you for your contact information. You may also choose to opt-out after the fact by following the Opt Out instructions provided below. Please note that when you request to be notified of upcoming dramas by 'Alert Me When Available' button where available, you'll be Opted In automatically so we can send you the requested information.
Disclosure of Information:
We may share aggregated statistical information about users of the dobox website with third-party partners, including our distributors, vendors, actual and potential customers and third-parties that offer products or services for use with the dobox site. This information is not linked to any personally identifiable information.
Do Media limited (DML) will not share your personally identifiable information with any third-parties except under the following situations:
- As necessary to third parties who perform services for us in operating and marketing dobox website offering, including but not limited to the monitoring of user behaviour on our website and the processing of payments for products or services.
- We may disclose your information in connection with a merger / acquisition, or liquidation of our company and to parents, subsidiaries or affiliates of Do Media limited (DML).
How we protect your privacy
Do Media limited (DML) is committed to taking appropriate measures to protect your privacy against unauthorized disclosure. Do Media Limited (DML) uses a variety of secure techniques designed to protect your Personal Identifiable Information.
While we have implemented safeguards, you should be aware that Internet security technology rapidly changes. As such, we cannot guarantee that the safeguards we employ today can protect your personal information from the threats of tomorrow, or that our security measures are failsafe and not subject to circumvention or unauthorized intrusion. You should also be aware that, despite our best efforts, factors beyond our control may result in disclosure of data. You also have a responsibility to ensure that your computer is adequately protected with up to date antivirus and firewalls to ensure it is not compromised.
Portions of dobox website Service may contain links to other third party websites that you may access. These other sites have their own privacy policies, and you should review those policies before providing personal information on those websites. We cannot control the information disclosed at these third-party sites or how that information is used.
We do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 16. To best protect your child's privacy, we suggest that you carefully supervise your child's access to the Internet and our website.
The dobox website provides users with the opportunity to opt-out of receiving certain communications from us regarding products and services in which you may be interested. You will be given this opportunity at the time we request information about you. If you do not opt-out at the time you provide information, but choose to opt-out later, kindly log-in and select the my account icon, click on Edit information and tick the opt-out icon.
If you have any questions regarding Do Media Limited (DML) policies or practices relating to privacy, please contact us through firstname.lastname@example.org